Jobs & Workforce
The Southwest Louisiana Economic Development Alliance and the Alcoa Foundation are now accepting applications for scholarships to be given to individuals interested in receiving training necessary to apply for jobs in support of the economic expansion in the Southwest Louisiana region.
Priority will be given to the unemployed and underemployed and is based on low-to-moderate income in SWLA. There is no age limit, but must be accepted to ABC Training School or Sowela. High School Seniors, family members, and community members are urged to apply.
This program will offer financial resources such as tuition, fees, supplies and tools needed to complete a short term craft skills training program that may lead to employment in a high-demand occupation in SWLA.
To be eligible, individuals must:
- Complete and submit this application
- Complete Workforce Readiness training course AT OWN EXPENSE ($65)
- Consent to drug testing
- Provide copy of Driver’s License or Government issued ID
- Provide proof of Need (Most current income tax return, FITAP, Etc.)
- Be willing, able and motivated to complete coursework and attend all classes
- Be willing to be monitored during course for attendance and progress toward completion
- Be willing to meet with potential employers as training schedule nears completion
- Be willing to report job interview, offers and placement for a period of 6 months after completion of training to Workforce Development Opportunity Team